Friday, August 20, 2010

Think outside the box hedge

After many months of neglecting my flower beds and the yard in general, I finally decided to do something about it. I dusted off the garden shears and went to work. I trimmed some limbs and even bought some new plants to spruce up the front beds. I was really on a roll. But eventually I had to face something that I'd been dreading. A real quandary of sorts that left me scratching my head ...

this ...


This, my friends, would be a not-so-pretty box hedge in my backyard that is dead only in the middle, courtesy of the last freeze. Lovely, eh?

So, what would you do with this?

Well, here's what I did ...


... that looks soooo much better, right?
(Insert sarcasm here)

(sigh)

But then I had a green thumb moment and it just came to me.

I now know exactly what I'm going to do with this awkward space, and it's going to be fabulous.

Any guesses? Check back soon for updated pics on what I decided to do!

4 comments:

KrisKay said...

Hmmmm... a little fountain?!

Jessica said...

I am thinking a flower pot. lol :)

KrisKay said...

It was nice seeing you on Sunday!! Oh and we tried the Kale chips... delish!

Casey J said...

Ooo..interested to see what you do! I too have horrible hedges that I'm at a loss for. Seriously thinking about pulling them up (3 of them that have merged into 1) and starting fresh. Keep us posted! :)