Thursday, August 26, 2010

Batering at its best

Remember in a previous post a few months ago when I was wishing for new bathroom counter tops to go with my new flooring? Well, I'm making it happen ... 50% anyway. A friend of mine just happens to install granite counter tops, and he approached me willing to trade my organizing skills in his kitchen for a beautiful, granite counter top. How perfect, right? He's a bachelor, but getting married soon, and he wanted his space organized before his soon-to-be-wife and all of her stuff moved in. His kitchen wasn't bad, just lacking a woman's touch! Here's how I helped:


Pots & Pans Before ..... and ..... Pots and Pans After




Spice Cabinet Before ... and ... Spice Cabinet After




Tupperware Before ... and ... Tupperware After

(He's eventually going to install a Lazy Susan here, but it needed a temporary solution.)




Pantry Before ... and ... Pantry After




Under Sink Before ... and ... Under Sink After



Utensil Drawers Before ... and ... Utensil Drawers After




Dishes Before ... and ... Dishes After

(This isn't a dramatic change, but it's an open front cabinet, so it must look it's best!)



Catch-all Drawer Before ... and ... Catch-all Drawer After

(Just sounds better than "junk drawer," right? Come on, we all have them!)

He was a very happy customer, and his fiancée was even more thrilled. I finished it just in time for his housewarming party. Can't wait to get my granite counter top. Hopefully I'll be posting pics of it in a couple of weeks!

3 comments:

KrisKay said...

WOW!!! What a deal! You did a great job!

Jessica said...

now that is a DEAL!! you lucky girl, I am totally jealous!

Jessica said...

That is a pretty great deal!!! You can't beat it!!!