Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shame on me!

Yes, I'm alive, and no, I haven't abandoned my blog! It's been ridiculously long since I've blogged, but in my defense, I did have a couple of things working against me. 1) Our computer was having some major issues, and we didn't think it was going to make it, but luckily a friend at Kent's work revived it for us. 2) We "lost" our camera for about a month and a half before we decided to break down and buy a new one. And you know what they say, if you want to find something that you've lost, just buy a replacement ... sure enough, we found our camera about a month later! But that's ok, because we got a better camera for a great deal thanks to Circuit City going out of business, and now we have a "back-up" camera. So ... let's play catch-up!
One day last year, our two-year-old, stainless steel, GE microwave just stopped working. Of course, the warranty is only good for one year, and it was still so new that we didn't want to pay to replace it already, so Kent messed around with it and found that it worked if the front panel hung down from it's wires like this ...

Nice, huh? We were going for the industrial look. So for about a year, I've lived with this ghetto microwave and stood about five feet back whenever I needed to zap something in fear of the radiation that it must be emitting! But a couple of months ago, I reached the end of my rope with it. We did the research and realized it was about the same cost to repair it as it was to replace it. So off to Lowe's we went. Kent forgot what a chore it was to install, but he was a trooper. Check out those muscles!! ;)


And voila, the finished product! So happy to have a functioning and aesthetically pleasing microwave again!! (It's the little things ..)


More to come soon (I promise!). It's late, I'm tired and Kent still isn't home from his Kansas trip. He left Monday morning, and was supposed to come back earlier this evening, but storms caused massive delays. He and the other guys he is traveling with made it to Dallas, but there were no more flights out tonight, so they decided to rent a car and drive home. That will put him home around 4 a.m. ... yikes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Jenna's back! :) Nice microwave