Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Down to the Wire

Whew! We completed our flooring redo with just minutes to spare. Did I mention that we had a deadline of a week and a half, because we were having 13 family members over on Father's Day? Oh yeah, minor detail.

Kent was still grouting the last room less than 24 hours before our get-together, and I was still hauling leftover tile, tools and junk out of the house, oh about two hours before our company was due to arrive. Yikes! But we did it, and we're thrilled with the results. I feel so much more productive in our "new" office, our master closet seems bigger and the new tile in the bathrooms give the rooms a richer look. There's still some minor finishing work to do, like the baseshoe, but the hard part is done. Check it out:





How about those new toilets, huh? They're flush-riffic! (Yes, we realize that we are a little too excited about our new high-efficiency porcelain thrones. It's not normal, but we're OK with that.)

Huge props to my hubby! I'm so lucky to have such a handy guy!

4 comments:

KrisKay said...

Oh my gosh!! It looks fantastic... your sweat equity TOTALLY paid off!!! Nice work girlie (and hubs!).

Kent and Jenna said...

Thanks, Kristin!

Katie said...

Well my hubby and I sure do appreciate good toilets! ;o) The house looks great.

Jessica said...

It looks awesome! And, totally my style...24 hours before!