Tuesday, September 29, 2009

10-Year High School Reunion

I had my 10-year reunion this past weekend in Seguin. Sometimes it feels like those 10 years just flew by, and other times it seems so long ago, maybe even longer than 10 years.

The reunion started off at the Matador Homecoming Game. I didn't really watch the game, I was too busy catching up with classmates in the stands, but at least Kent had something to do. I was looking forward to the half-time performance, but they spent the whole time crowning the Homecoming Court. No band, no dance team ... boo. They were there for show only, they just stood there. I honestly don't remember this when I was in school. I swear the Dance Team danced at Homecoming! I was slightly jealous of the Dance Team's new nifty boots. When I was in school, we had to wear white Keds. I would have loved to wear those boots!

We left at half-time since the second half of the reunion started at 9 p.m. at The Ticket in downtown Seguin and it later moved to The Oak. It was cool to see how people looked 10 years later, and find out what they were doing. It's hard to catch up with people in any real way, in a crowded and noisy setting. About 50 people showed up out of a class of 360 or so, and about half of them were people I used to hang out with. A bunch of people I wished had been there weren't, people who I really would like to know how they're doing. But I reconnected with a couple of people who I'll try really hard to keep in touch with. It was so fun to reminisce about high school - so many stories and memories - I had a lot more fun than I expected to have!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, I recognize lots of these faces! Thanks for posting pics. Looks like you guys had a great time. I have my reunion this weekend, and I don't really know what to expect. Hope it's as fun as yours looks!

Jessica said...

oh how time flies!