Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bulk Buying

We recently got a Sam's Club membership, mainly for the limo business. My first shopping trip was pretty overwhelming ... that place is HUGE. My dad always used to shop there when we were growing up, but I had never been inside one myself. He used to come home with everything from a 50-pack of snack-sized chip bags to enough toilet paper to last us six months. We don't have that much storage space in our normal-sized house, so at first I wasn't sure if bulk buying was for us. But I was pleasantly surprised. Not everything is ginormous and there are quite a few good deals to be had. They even have one of my favorite wines for $3 cheaper than at HEB. Here is my most recent purchase:

A giant bag of Craisins. Leyla is there to emphasize how big this bag really is! And we will definitely eat all these before they go bad. I put them in my homemade granola, so we go through quite a bit. So exciting ... yea for saving money!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I shop at Costco...and I LOVE it. It's so fun buying in bulk and I hardly ever have to worry about running out of toilet paper!

I love this picture too...it CRACKS me up...and I love that granola! I eat it every morning, I have made it 3 times since you posted it! I gave some to my Mom and now she is making it too....yum yum! :)