Monday, August 31, 2009

Birthday, BBQ and a Celebrity

My brother hit the big 2-5 in July, so we gathered up some family and friends and went to The Salt Lick to celebrate. Yes, this happened over a month ago now, but I thought it was still post-worthy. Here are some highlights of the evening. Keep reading to see which celebrity we brushed shoulders with that night!

My sister and I on the looong (but totally worth it!) car ride to The Salt Lick in Driftwood.



Here we are with Kyle Chandler! He was eating with his family, and Kelsey was the brave one who went up to him when they were leaving and asked if we could take his picture. He was super nice and oh so cute. If you don't recognize him immediately, he stars in the TV show Friday Night Lights as the coach. He's also been on Grey's Anatomy, King Kong and a show in the 90s called Early Edition, which I had never seen, but Kent used to watch.

Here's a stalkeresque photo that I snapped from our table earlier in the night, when we were still unsure if it was really him. My zoom works really well!


Kelsey jamming out on Mike's "guitar" which was a plastic container that can be filled with your drink of choice!

We headed over to J's Bistro in San Marcos after dinner for a couple of hours of sing-a-long with the piano.

Happy birthday, Ryan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, your siblings are OLD! They are so cute and grown-up. :)

Kent and Jenna said...

Haha, I guess they were just pre-teens the last time you saw them, huh? I thought the same thing when I saw your sibs ... wouldn't recognize them if I ran into them, I'm sure!