Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween @ Wurstfest

We did it! We escaped the trick-or-treaters this year, dressed up and went out! Can you guess what we are supposed to be? Anyone?


We are "An Office Affair" ... boss and secretary. Scandalous, I know. But hubby was happy with the minimal amount of dressing up required and the fact that our costumes were almost free! Plus, we got lots of laughs and comments all night.


Kent's costumed turned out really great, but besides my shirt being buttoned wrong, it's hard to tell what else my costume entailed in these pics. I had a pencil, paperclips and rubberbands stuck in my hair, and some post-it notes on my rear end.

Courtney, my college roommate from Baylor, came down to spend the weekend with us! It was soooo good to see her ... it had been a whole three years ... we last saw her at our wedding! She was super excited about Wurstfest, and it was fun to be able to take her, especially since we had a few German classes together at Baylor.

Mmm, pork chops on a stick are soooo yummy!


This guy played a beer bong like an instrument ... priceless.

Courtney also has a blog, and it's hilarious. She just moved back to Texas from Oregon, so go visit her at The Baptist Nun and give her some comment love. Court, you really need to have a post where you explain your Halloween costume, because it still confuses me! ;)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I'll admit that I totally didn't get it until I read what you were, but it's so clever! And cheap! I like cheap!

We're going to Wurstfest tomorrow and I'm so excited! I've been looking forward all year to some Potato Pancakes...mmmm...

The Baptist Nun said...

Jenna! I feel famous!!! Thanks for the plug! Ha!! I will totally get on with the blogging! Yay!

Jessica said...

post it notes on your bum, what a classic idea! I love it!! I am glad you guys decided to go out on Halloween!!

NBGal said...

YOU HAVE WON A WEEKEND! at the opening weekend of Wurstfest - beginning tomorrow October 29th - 2010 -

It includes overnight stay, tickets, vouchers, and more.... contact Herb Skoog - the director of Wurst Relations at herb@wurstfest.com or myself - Judy Young judyl@nbcham.org or 1800-572-2626 at the New Braunfels Convention and Visitors Bureau.

We might even get you in to see the Count of Braunfels, German.. the Great(5) grandson of the founder of New Braunfels.